Sunday, March 19, 2023

Tasting - La Cana Albarino

 


Name: La Cana Albarino
Variety: 100% albarino
Region: Rias Baixas
Country: Spain
Year: 2021
Price: 20
Winery Review: The 2021 La Caña is slightly fresher, with gorgeous citrus, tangerine, and lychee fruit as well as a medium-bodied, very pure, clean, vibrant style on the palate. It's another impeccably made, clean, crisp, juicy white that's going to shine with just about any food out there. - Jeb Dunnuck Wine.com
Wine Folly: pg. 74 - I agree that this is a high acidity low tannins wine for sure. I also didn't get a strong sweetness from it with a higher citrus taste.
My Review: Before even smelling this wine, the only though I had was that it looked very viscous/thick. It smelled like pineapples but the people I tried it with said they smelled a more petroleum like smell which I didn't get. It tasted like I was drinking a watered down syrup. It was a little citrus like but for the most part I didn't notice any unique flavors. I was really hungry when I drank this wine so I tried drinking it with a toasted coconut donut from Carol Lees. This made the wine taste super bitter which I was not a fan of. It did however make the donut taste sweeter and added a little bit of a zest taste to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner #3

 As a last hoorah before we finished this class, my friends and I decided to visit the wine lab for a nice wine and meal pairing. We especia...