Sunday, March 19, 2023

Tasting - Castello Del Poggio Italia Sweet Rose

 


Name: Castello Del Poggio Italia Sweet Rose
Variety: Blend of Moscato and Raboso
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: Bottle doesn't specify a year
Price: $14
Winery Review: "Perfectly ripe grapes highlight the bright fruit expression of this delightful Sweet Rosé, cherished for its notes of apricot, white peach, and pomegranate that lead to a fresh and crisp effervescent finish."
Wine Folly: Wine folly doesn't really talk about this type of rose wine where it uses moscato and raboso wine but it does talk about the region Veneto briefly. It only really talks about how it's known for white wines though so it wasn't really applicable to this wine.
My Review: This wine smelled strongly like peaches but my friends all said they smelled lychee. I really like the smell of this wine since it felt like I was smelling a soda almost. Like a soda it was also extremely bubbly. Compared to past drinks this was very sweet. I mainly tasted peach like I smelled but I think it was hard to get a feel for the taste since I was very distracted by the bubbliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner #3

 As a last hoorah before we finished this class, my friends and I decided to visit the wine lab for a nice wine and meal pairing. We especia...