Friday, March 31, 2023

Tasting - Josh Sauvignon Blanc



Name: Josh Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2022
Price: $14
Winery Review: "California- A deliciously refreshing Sauvignon Blanc offering bright citrus and tropical fruit, with hints of dried herbs and a crisp, juicy finish. Pairs well with grilled fish."-totalwine.com
Wine Folly: pg 165- I think this was a little different from how they described it in the book for me. They mention goose berry, passion fruit, and honey dew but I don't think this wine really had any sweet fruity components to it. I mainly got a citrus crispy vibe from this wine.
My Review: I think although a little drab this wine was pretty good. After seeing Josh being mentioned in the lecture videos we wanted to try it. I really liked the smell of this wine since it smelled like a clean citrus fruit. When I drank it I could feel the acidic feeling on the bottom of my tongue when I swished it which was interesting. It didn't have a citrus taste like I thought it would but I still liked it. I think after reading the wine folly maybe this was a grape fruit taste but I haven't had a grape fruit recently enough to remember what it taste like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner #3

 As a last hoorah before we finished this class, my friends and I decided to visit the wine lab for a nice wine and meal pairing. We especia...