Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Tasting - Menage a Trois Merlot



 

Name: Menage a Trois Merlot
Variety: 100% Merlot
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2018
Price: $10
Winery Review: "Lavish is a luxurious, over the top expression of Merlot, offering a truly sensual experience. From its deep ruby red color and its alluring blueberry cordial fragrance, Lavish promises to be much more than a typical Merlot. On the palate, ripe blueberries and juicy black plums flirt recklessly with dark cocoa and vanilla notes before being swept up in a chocolaty finish. The winemakers chose grapes from California’s Central and North Coast appellations, known for producing grapes with rich flavors and aromas. The wine is fermented on French and American oak to round out the flavors and mouthfeel." - wine.com
Wine Folly: pg 131- This is one of the first times I can say that I agree completely with almost everything listed on the page wit slight differences only. I strongly felt the black cherry flavor but I wasn't able to place it as cherry, just as a darker berry taste. I also got the plum like feeling it talks about. I didn't notice the vanilla flavor that the online review talks about but I can see what they mean by a slight chocolate finish.
My Review: I loved this wine. Since I couldn't place the smell on its own I got a very dark berry/fruit smell. It was a very thick wine too but it went down super easy which seemed illogical to me with ow thick it was. There a very slight tannic feeling but that was only when I swished the wine around but I barely got the tannic component when I drank it normally. The taste was exactly how I described in the wine folly section. Definitely one of my favorites. In the future I want to try this wine again with something like pasta since that is supposedly a good pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner #3

 As a last hoorah before we finished this class, my friends and I decided to visit the wine lab for a nice wine and meal pairing. We especia...