Sunday, February 5, 2023

Tasting - Luna Nuda Pinot Grigio

 


Name: Luna Nuda Pinot Grigio
Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: Alto Adige
Country: Italy
Year: 2021
Price: $14

Winery Review: Luna Nuda Pinot Grigio is estate grown, handpicked, and hand sorted in Italy's Alto Adige Valley at Castelfeder Winery. Bright, crisp flavors of golden delicious apple and citrus flow through this wine with just a hint of alpine air and minerality – flavors that embody the terroir of Italy’s northernmost winegrowing region.

Wine Folly: pg 251- Although I can't recount based on my notes, there was very likely a subtle tart characteristic as described in the book since I consider the bold rocks I think it was similar to have some tartness. I however did not notice the high tingling acidity unless that's what made me still feel the flavor in my mouth after drinking it which in that case it was noticeable as they said.

My Review: When I first smelled this drink my first thought was that it was a green apple bold rock cider without the fizz. After trying it it confirmed my thoughts that this tasted eerily similar to one of my go to drinks. To confirm this I opened up a bold rock and it tasted like the Luna Nuda pinot grigio but with alcohol and more fizzyness. The pinot grigio was very delightful since there was no strong alcohol taste or bitterness. It wasn't as fruity as I thought it would be so it was little low on flavor. The flavor that was there though would sit on my tongue after drinking in a pleasant way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner #3

 As a last hoorah before we finished this class, my friends and I decided to visit the wine lab for a nice wine and meal pairing. We especia...