Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting - Stella Rosa Peach

 

Name: Stella Rosa Peach
Variety: proprietary blend primarily from the Moscato grape with various other varietals
Region: Asti
Country: Italy
Year: 1917
Price: $14

Winery Review: Summer is forever where there is Stella Rosa Peach, a refreshing semi-sweet, semi-sparkling wine that will tickle your tongue and keep your days fun. Share a bottle with friends and relish in the moments.

Wine Folly: 
Moscato d'Asti - "A very delicate and lightly sparkling Muscat Blanc from the Asti region in Piedmont, Italy. Moscato d’Asti has one of the lowest alcohol levels of all wines (at around 5.5% ABV), reserving the grape sugars for sweetness in this highly aromatic white wine."

I could definitely tell that this was a lower alcohol content drink but I don't think it was highly aromatic like the book says so I might have had a stuffy nose or something since I didn't get a strong smell from it.

My Review: A little bland. Possibly because I had drank a plum wine earlier and that overpowered it but I didn't taste much flavor from this. There was no bitter or alcohol taste in it. There was some bubblyness to it which was nice but beyond that I didn't taste much peach flavor or fruityness. It did have a bit of a sweet after taste. The smell was slightly peachy but this may have been placebic so I'm not completely sure.

I tasted this alone but as I said above I had it after a stronger wine which I think may have impacted this tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner #3

 As a last hoorah before we finished this class, my friends and I decided to visit the wine lab for a nice wine and meal pairing. We especia...