Friday, April 7, 2023

Tasting - Kungfu Girl Riesling

Name: Kungfu Girl Riesling
Variety: 100% Riesling
Region: Washington State
Country: United States
Year: 2021
Price: $12
Winery Review: "White peach, mandarin orange and apricot are delivered with a core of minerality that makes this dry Riesling shimmer with energy and freshness. Another epic vintage of Kung Fu Girl."-Charles Smith Wines
Wine Folly: pg 158- I think this was definitely an off dry wine and not super sweet. I wish I had bought some chinse takeout to eat with this since they actually recommended this both on the wines page and in the textbook. 
My Review: To be honest, I purchased this wine solely because I thought the bottle looked cool, however I was pleasantly surprised by how good this wine was. It tasted like an apple juice without the sugar after taste you normally get with juice. Instead, it was a more acidic after taste with a limey apple taste in your mouth. I couldn't really get much from the smell of this but I think this was because I have a stuffy nose since I'm sick right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner #3

 As a last hoorah before we finished this class, my friends and I decided to visit the wine lab for a nice wine and meal pairing. We especia...