Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Tasting - Robert Mondavi Buttery Chardonnay


Name: Robert Mondavi Buttery Chardonnay
Varity: 100% Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2021
Price: $14
Winery Review: "Our 2021 Buttery Chardonnay is golden straw in color and opens with decadent aromas of ripe pineapples, sweet milk tart, and créme brûlée. Creamy, rich flavors of custard pie, graham crackers, and vanilla bean, with notes of toasted oak and baking spices follow with a lingering finish." - we speak wine
Wine Folly: pg 96- "creamy, buttery, and soft textures" These are the exact descriptions I was thinking about when I drank this wine. 
My Review: When I smelled this it gave me a woody apple smell. It was a very thick taste which I think maybe had to do with the fact that it was the butter flavor. This was a very low acidic and tannic drink. I felt a slight after taste on my tongue but for the most part it went down fairly smoothly. It wasn't a super rich or creamy flavor in my opinion like it said it would be but it was still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Dinner #3

 As a last hoorah before we finished this class, my friends and I decided to visit the wine lab for a nice wine and meal pairing. We especia...